An Access Point Name (APN) solution is a configuration on a data device, which indicates the network to which the device connects. By creating APNs for your business, anyone in the company or even your customers can connect securely to your private network from anywhere, at any time, to access information and also applications. APNs can also be used to connect machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions.
APN also enables corporate organizations to meet the expectations of an increasingly mobile workforce through the benefits of mobile technology, leading to increased agility, flexibility and productivity of their workforce.
Access Point Name (APN) solutions enable you to access your corporate network on the MTN network providing you with countrywide coverage.
MTN Access Point Name (APN services / Solutions) allows Personal Computers or Mobile devices such as point of sale (POS) devices in different geographical locations to be linked to a company’s internal network or connect to their databases and servers.
When you add an APN to your business network, you are able to:
- Securely access information from a remote location.
- Share data resources amongst many users, which reduces data costs within your organization.
- Link multiple machines, for example, printers, point of sale terminals, and monitoring equipment.
- Link branches across the country to one another.
Different types of APN solutions:
- APN over leased line
- APN with internet – This is configured to only access the specific URL or IP address of the Company’s resources. It is specially configured on the network (MTN) firewall and routed to the Internet.
- APN over Internet – This is comes with a static public IP.
- Peer-to-Peer APN – This is configured to allow for the APN sims to communicate to each other.
Configurability – Private APNs offer customers the ability to configure various settings such as IP address ranges, static or dynamic addressing as well as authentication techniques.
Security – Subscribers that are connected via a private APN are only visible to other devices on the same APN. Private IPs are assigned to the APN as a form of security. This makes APNs a superior solution in terms of data security when compared to using public internet APN or any other shared internet access.
Cost-effectiveness – APNs offer a cost-effective mobile VPN solution due to the ability to aggregate usage as well as competitive data pricing.
National Coverage – MTN’s extensive 3G/4G coverage and network reliability means that users will have fast and secure access across the country.
Complementary solutions – MTN business offers extensive products to complement the APN solution. These include dedicated internet, Data Center collocation. Our extensive product range allows MTN to provide a one-stop-shop to our customers to provide a complete end-to-end service.
Design Support – Our team include dedicated solutions experts to advise and assist customers with a complete solution design per requirement.
After Sales Support – MTN’s dedicated support team offer specialized support and assistance for all APN solutions configured.
For more information:
- Contact us via WhatsApp/Call us on 0244308111
- Email us on mtnbusiness.GH@mtn.com
“Services on this Groupshare platform shall not be sold,...
An Access Point Name (APN) solution is a configuration...
Looking for a hand?
We’re here to help, anytime! Chat with us online.
- Phone us: +233244300000
- Call our toll-free hotline: Dial 100