About Mobile Money
MTN Mobile Money is a fast, simple, convenient, secure and affordable way of transferring money, making payments and doing other transactions using a mobile phone. The service is offered by MTN in partnership with over 10 partner banks. You can use MTN Mobile Money to send and receive money, top-up MTN airtime, pay bills (DStv, ECG Postpaid, MTN Postpaid, School fees and more), buy & pay for insurance, pay employee salaries, pay for airline tickets and other goods and services. No need to travel far or wait impatiently to receive or send money. Register with a valid photo ID today and enjoy the ease and convenience Mobile Money offers.
What you get
- Pay your bills online or through your phone.
- Recharge your credit easily.
- Transfer money to your loved ones without going to the bank.
- It’s secured and it’s fast.
MTN Mobile Money is a service provided by MTN in partnership with partner banks. The service operates through authorised Agents who will facilitate the service on behalf of Mobile Money Limited. There will be certain regulations and terms and conditions to adhere to.
Find out how to use Mobile Money in our Support section.
For further assistance, call 100 (Toll Free).
How To Become MTN Mobile Money Agent (Electronic Application).
Mandatory Business Documentation:
Prospective agent must have registered as a LIMITED company or equivalent with existing outlets ready to offer under the company names and provide the below business documents.
- Business Registration Certificate
- Provide a valid national photo ID (Voter’s ID/ National ID/ NHIS ID/ Driver’s License/ Passport/SSNIT ID).
Agent Documentation Requirements
Prospective Agent shall complete the below documents:
- Agents Recruitment Form
- Agent Account Handler Form
- Authentication Questions Form
Click links below to download Agent forms for your preferred Partner Bank
- Access Bank Agent Forms
- ADB Agent Forms
- Apex ARB Bank Agent Form
- Barclays Bank Agent Form
- Cal Bank Agent Forms
- Ecobank Agent Forms
- Fidelity Bank Agent Forms
- GCB Agent Form
- GN Bank Agent Form
- GT Bank Agent Forms
- HFC Bank Agent Forms
- Stanbic Bank Agent Forms
- UBA Agent Forms
- UMB Agent Forms
- Unibank Agent Forms
- Zenith Bank Agent Forms
Agent Location and Structure
In accordance with EMI (E-money Issuer) guidelines, prospective Agents must also meet the required structure and location requirements below:
- Permanent structure in the form of Brick and Mortar, Semi-permanent structure (Defined) is required for a Agent outlet. These structures should be placed within 50-100 meters radius.
- Wooden structures popularly known as kiosks and Space2Space Umbrella outlets do not meet the standard requirement.
Agent Capital Requirement:
Agents are required to have a startup capital of GH¢ 4,000.
Processing of Documents
- Please note that MTN Mobile Money shall respond via email or phone to all applicants upon receipt of their application.
- Applications received shall be vetted to ensure they meet all requirements.
- Presenting fake documents in support of agent applications is a criminal offence and MTN Mobile Money reserves the right to reject any applications that do not meet the requirements above and take such action as may be necessary in respect thereof.
- Successful applicants shall be informed via email or phone about the status of their application.
- Processing of a successful application shall take a minimum or maximum of twenty three (23) working days from the date on which the application is received.
- Successful applicants shall be notified via email or phone call upon completion of service.